<WOB> Re: Overrev your M3

- ---Duane Collie <drcollie@domain.elided> wrote:
clip
> burnt on the exhaust edge of the valve (they are still bent just
> enough so they cannot rotate normally in the head).  A normal,
unbent > valve will not have a burn area on it as it is continually
rotating.
clip
> Duane Collie
> BFKAB

Yeah.  I took my 535 into the dealer the other day and commented to
them that I didn't think the valves were rotating enough.  They tried
to tell me that the valves don't need to be rotated on a regular basis
and I shouldn't worry about it.  I told them that I heard it on the
internet and it must be true.  The secret TSB is ID 10 T.

Well, I persisted and they only charged me $1200 to remove the head
and check the valves.  I thought it to be a little much, but they
washed the car and flushed and replaced the air in my tires for FREE!
Now I don't have to do that myself at the next Inspection I.

Andy Peavy
SATDMAT

91 535i
email: apeavy@domain.elided