Executive cars, slightly late

Howdy all,

I've been relegated to lurker for a while since my hard drive blew up and I
was only able to download Digests from someone else's PC w/o responding.  I
guess that's OK since I don't really know very much about Bimmers, except
how much fun they are.

Anyway, there was a post about a '97 BMW executive demo car for $35K and
whether this was a good car and/or a good deal.  I got a '97 328i sedan
last March that was a "BMW executive car" with 4,000 miles.  It had a/t
(bummer), sunroof, leather, heated seats, OBC, split rear seats, Harmon
Kardon stereo.  I paid $29,900 and this was almost a year ago.  $35,000
sounds like an awful lot to me for a similar car with less options.

On the subject of whether this was an ex-Drive for the Cure, Beat On Me at
BMW 328 Day, Beat Me With Your Rhythm Stick Car, I don't think so.  The car
has been perfect for my first 10 months and 8,000 miles.  Sure, I replaced
the transmission at 7,500 miles, but hey, these cars don't last forever!
Just kidding, it's been great.

Sorry for the late post, but it's great to be able to talk again and not
just listen.

Donn