limited range on bmw alarm...

	So im standing next (next to as in 2" away from) to my car...pressing the
darn lock button on the remote like a gazillion times...NOTHING.  Pondering to
myself, "what the hell...lock you piece of over-princed bmw (alpine) crap."
An hour later (well..maybe not quite an hour:) i hear a "chirp" to which i
replied..."WOOHOO, YES!!!"  Now for the double lock button..."please work,
please work, please...i gotta go pee so bad."  2 gazillion times
later..."chirp-chirp," at which point i feel like muh bladder wuz about to
explode.  So, for which of you who do not see the point, MY ALARM SUX...it
hasnt always been like this, so what gives??  I replaced the
battery...nothing, as in nada, as in same piece of crap.  So, any
suggestions??  Help a brother out eh??  All kidding aside, any hints would be
greatly appreciated...either email me or reply to all...perhaps other bimmer
boyz and girlz' got the same problem.

much thanx
michael