Engine transplant questions

I have been thinking about what to do with the still good E28 M5
driveline left over from my wreck.  Obvious possiblities in addition to
parting out to digester brethren would be transplanting into an another
E28 or perhaps an E34.  Does anyone have experience with or know of a
good shop in regards to transplanting say an M5 engine into an E34
touring?  I certainly wouldn't mind have a sleeper station wagon.  I
remember reading about a place in Berkeley that had converted a 525iT
into an M5 Touring; does anyone remember where that article was
(Roundel, European Car?) and who the shop was?  I am assuming that the
S38 in E28/E34 cars are very similar besides some of the obvious
accessory/intake/header plumbing differences.

Thanks,
Anand Shah
E28 M5 dead and in limbo
93 Corrado