Gas Pedal Removal

I have received an aluminum pedal set from my significant other and I
have been having a hell of a time trying to bolt the aluminum gas pedal
onto the stock pedal.  I heard that if you remove the gas pedal you have
to replace it with a new one because some kind of clip is broken in the
process.  I called the parts department at Flemington BMW and I was told
that the pedal can be removed.  By the way a new pedal is about $32.00.
So how do you remove the pedal on an e36?  Also, the set that I received
is for a manual trans BMW.  Unfortunately I have a slushbox.  The brake
pedal on my car looks to be about 50% larger that its manual counterpart.
 So I have an aluminum brake pedal that is too small.  I was thinking
about having a pedal machined to fit my car as well as a dead pedal. If I
receive any emails from interested people I'll get some extras made up.
Does anyone know of a good machine shop in central New Jersey?

Take care,
Matthew Stellas
Flemington, N.J.
1995 318i (slushed...)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]