RE: E30 won't start - fire hazard? (#829)

Chuck,

I certainly agree that careless use of this tactic could lead to a
hazardous situation, however significant "care" was taken to avoid
catastrophe.  Lamps were strategically placed directly under components
that have no drip-ability, regular visual checks were made to ensure that
no leaks were occuring, the car was in a garage that was not attached to
any living space (sad to have to think this way - but there definitely was
a risk involved), and all lamps were removed during any starting attempts.

Thanks for the thought, though.  I wouldn't want my comments in the
original mail to send anyone who reads it off in an unsafe direction.

- -Mike Olsen
#153374

SNIP: "Mike, I couldn't help thinking about those light bulbs under your
car for 14 hours and the possibility of fuel dripping on them and igniting.
 As a Registered Nurse, I've worked in the Burn Unit at UC-Davis Medical
Center - YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THERE!  BE CAREFUL!  Perhaps instead of
signing "carless" , you should've signed "careless"."