E30 Window Tinting (WOB)

Howdy all you bimmer lovers you,
                                                                I've had a
shocking run of late with Window tinting on my immac 1988 E30 325i.  The
tinting place I trusted with my beauty (Advanced Window Tinting in Melb,
Australia - no-one go here) have had 3 goes at it soo far, im beginning to
get fed up of their incompetance.  Shall I start from the beginning?.

 - 3 weeks after initial installation (whole day) 3 windows exhibit
bubbling.
Sooo I take it back and they replace 2 window films and fix another.  The
VERY NEXT DAY after the repair  I notice tons of bubbles in the one that
they replaced and a scratch in the front one (both passenger side).    I
take it back and he offers to replace the passenger one after giving me a
hundred and one excuses on why it not their fault
"It's the car, its tooo old"
"It's because its a BMW they're hard to do"
"It's because the felt guiders in the door are dusty it gets behind the tint
before it has time to cure"
    The scratch in the front passenger side, they belive is in the glass and
they reckon they saw it when they were installing the film (BULL SHIT) but
since the only way to prove this is to take the film off and re-install it
and charge me for it, they can get stuffed.
You get the idea I'm sure.  I thought that window tinting would be soooo
easy and now I'm stuck with a bunch of incompetents who see it OK to charge
me $270 to tint my windows then make me come back 3 times to get it all
fixed.
    I must apologise for this obvious WOB, but I had to tell someone what
they're doing to my poor car :-).  It just one person doesn't go there on
account of this story, im happy :-)

Cheers.
                Aaron

- --  Aaron Miles (aaron@domain.elided)
- --  System Administrator - Impact Creativity Centre.
- --  1988 BMW 325i Executive. (Powerchip, K&N)