Yet another E28 radiator question

Hi all,

About a year and a half ago I broke the overflow nipple off the side of
the OEM radiator in my 535i.  I was not a member of The Digest at the
time so I did not find out about the radiator repair kit in time.  The
replacement radiator I purchased from a trusted independent repair shop
had metal endcaps and began leaking several weeks beyond its 1 year
warranty.  I have now had the radiator repaired 3 times at a radiator
repair shop (the last two were at no charge) but it begins leaking
around the endcap seam as soon as the car reaches operating temperature.
The repair shop claims that my radiator is a cheap Taiwan unit that was
bad the day I received it and that there is nothing more that he can do
short of installing a new core.  Something about insufficient solder
used during original construction.  The trusted independent repair shop
that originally sold me the radiator stands by their supplier and their
experience with the manufacturer.

So...

Do I have this guy install a new core, find a new repair shop, or cut my
losses and buy a new radiator?  And if the best thing is to buy a new
radiator, should I use only OEM from BMW or try another supplier?
Plastic or metal endcaps?

Recommendations?

- --Jeff
Can now remove, resolder, refit, and refill an E28 radiator before you
could get your first RR from the cooler.

End of bmw-digest V9 #825