fuel guage

Oh my gosh!  I turn to the gurus out there to help me.  For whatever
reason, last week I decided to be rebelious and fill my gas tank with the
engine idling.  Well ever since then, my fuel guage works intermittently.
This problem is really annoying.

someone please help.  I hope there is a simple and quick fix for it.  I
filled the tank the other day, and the needle jumped back to full and
everything seems fine.  Well this morning, the needle dropped to empty, the
idiot light came on and the OBC range meter reads "- - -".

Anyone?  TIA

John fountaine
frustrated with the 95 525iA