Re: ODOmeters's was e28 (535i) Buying advice....

Jeffrey Lloyd wrote:

> Is the odometer we see (on the dash) the only place where a BMW keeps
> mileage I have a friend that had a broken speed sensor and when fixed
> had not put on any mileage for the week it was broke. is there somewhere
> else he can get the true mileage from? this is a E36 318

In the E36, the distance is only kept in the cluster. It is easy
enough to change that I would not entirely trust it. I am told that in
the E39 and later models, a second copy is kept elsewhere.

> PS Is it true the Z3 body has been named E40?

Last time I checked, the Z3 Roadster was the E36/7.  Or are you
thinking of the coupe of which I know little about?

- -John

- --
john.firestone@domain.elided