E34 FF alarm sensitivity ?

     I have finally acquired a 520i Touring (with intergalactic mileage !)
     What an ace motor .... more to follow I am sure.

     The Dealer fitted alarm is the type with the infrared key.

     I seems VERY sensitive to being tripped.  So bad that the previous
     owner did not it and after last night neither am I !

     Can it be de sensitised a bit ?

     Does it have U.sonic detection (I cant see sender or receiver) just a
     little red light in the front air vent ?

     If it has, can they be turned off to leave window open a bit ?

     Is the control under the back seat as the radio controlled equiv.. ?

     If the alarm is set and the remote batteries go west can I move the
     car ?

     The "key" has the fold out blade for the ignition and the buttons to
     operate the alarm but there appears to be another metal section slid
     into the end that I can not release.   Any ideas ?

     More question to follow when I get rid of the 318i Touring and put the
     520iT on the road.

     Garry
     Wilmslow
     UK