RE: E39 or E46

Josh,

I do agree with you to a point. I am not sure about the 528 power. I
actually do like the E39 size, and the big car feel. Definitely 540i 6Sp
or M5... Actually those are my idols, well at least the ones within some
remote possibility of reach. To tell you the truth I do like the coupe
looks better, but I have decided already quite some time ago that the
328is I drive now is way to small for my needs. First of all it's to
short for me. I rub the roof with my hair, not the scull, just the hair.
It annoys the shit out of me. I kind of got used to it by now, and of
course it's nothing in relation to how awesome the car is, but still,
I'd rather do without it. Second, it's a real pain in the ass to not
have the rar door if you have passengers. And I seem to have them more
and more often. The E36 328is is a very small car. For me with one
passenger, not too large one, it's OK, but that's about it. So, the E46
larger size is definitely a welcome improvement. It goes withous saying
that E39 excells in this department. When it comes to performance,
however, with my current 328is, because it's so fast, I ended up having
to buy a set of tires once a year. Again not a terrible expense, but at
$150 or so a pop, I could live without that. I think the 528i would be a
lot more conservative in this regard, since as I mentioned earlier, I
couldn't get it to oversteer in the corners. And I do love to do that!
:P Anyway... Myabe it's time to grow up... Not! Sounds to me like a
perfect excuse to get a Tri-Flo or Supersprint exhaust and stronger Chip
for the 528! etc. Just to squeze out few more HP and lb/ft... maybe
it'll be enough, maybe not.

Chris,