Re: <E30> wheel offsets---What's the max tire width?

>Rim diameter really has nothing to do with the offset. It is the rim width
>that matters.
>
>Here are the general offsets for standard E30's ('iX and M3 excluded).
>
>6" rim    = 35-ish
>6.5" rim = 30-ish
>7" rim    = 25-ish
>7.5" rim = 20-ish
>
>You can be off by a few either way, but not much. (If you have to err, it's
>usually better to go lower in offset than higher.) The lower the offset, the
>more room you have btwn the strut and the wheel/tire. However, there are
>always fender lips to foil your plans!

Thanks Matt for the reply.  An now for a big Homer Simpson DOH! Since
I always seem to be looking at 16x7.5 and 15x7 wheels that's probably
where I got the idea that 16" wheels needed to have a 20mm offset and
the 15" wheels need 25mm on an E30.  I should have realized it was the
width not the diameter.  That's what happens when one doesn't stop and
think for a second.

Here's a question:  Since the strut is at an angle with the plane of
the wheel, wouldn't a 16x7 wheel need less offset than a 15x7?  5mm
may be a bit much though.

Okay now. What is the widest tire you can run on an E30 without fender
rolling? 225s? 235s?

Kurt