What to look for after the body shop?

Well folks,
I had my first off road excursion in 25 years of driving.
Into a signpost!

The intersection let out to a slight right hander.
I could not have been going faster then 10 mph.
I turned to the right, must have hit some slushy ice.
I tried to point where I wanted to go but physics took over.
I couldn't straighten it out.
Hopped the curb with all 4 tires, blew out the right tire.
Impact was with the left corner light to a signpost.

Damage to fender, hood, bumper and duct work underneath.
The two fog lights hung there limp. :(

At least it was my fault and not some idiot hitting me.

What should I be on the lookout for?
The car is at a reputable autobody shop with lots of BMWs.
Color Crafters, Clinton MD.
I trust them that they'll use BMW parts.

I'll check the bottom duct work, those things that hang down.
They are going to check alignment.
Should I insist on a Hunter Alignment?
The tow truck driver said to be sure to mention that the wheels hit the
curb hard because the wheels could have a hairline crack that may not be
noticable until later.

Actually the only real bummer is that our chapter is having their annual
holiday party next week and my pride and joy will be in the body shop.
I think I'll make a sign, "My other car is a BMW, No really!"

Also. . .If it wasn't for my little low torque 4-banger, I would not have
the appreciation of driving that I have now. Even after kissing the
signpost. The 323i just doesn't replace the 318ti as an entry level car in
my book. My next car will be an 02 in 03 so far.

Check out the Ultimate Driving School calendar
http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/driving/

..steven

BTW - Washington DC Metro area people. . .
If anyone was watching the Channel 4 News in the Washington DC area,
that was my car on a flatbed on the opening shots of the beltway then later
a reporter had a little interview. Even WTOP mentioned my cute little red
car. :(

mailto:steven@domain.elided    http://www.happytogether.com/bmw/service
Germantown, MD                     Service comments
1998 318ti Arrest Me Red Sport 'FUN2DRV'
w/ open air roof, paint chips on the hood