E30 Oil Filter wrench

What type of oil filter wrench works best on the E30?

I changed the oil myself for the first time in my '90 325i.  Getting
the oil pan drain bolt was simple, but getting the oil filter off was
a royal pain.  When I went to get the filter off, I realized that my
oil filter wrench was slightly too big.  I had bought it for my other
car (Range Rover) which has a giant oil filter.  The wrench probably
would have worked if the oil filter had not been strong-armed into
place.  I finally managed to turn it by putting a screwdriver through
the filter and using that for leverage.

Sanjay Prasad
'90 325i
Sunnyvale, CA