Owner Loyalty Rebate

> Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 06:58:07 PST
> From: "Hassan Hassan" <hhassan001@domain.elided>
> Subject: Owner Loyalty Rebate
>
> Greetings BMW Enthusiasts,
> I know that the BMWCCA owner loyalty rebate is effective from 12/1/98 to
> 12/1/99.  I took delivery of my `99 M3 Coupe on 11/98.  I've been a
> member of BMWCCA for 3 years and this is my 3rd Bimmer.  Does anyone
> have any idea if it may be worth the attempt to inquire about
> eligibility in this scenario?  Is there any flexibility?  Any
> experiences or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Respectfully,
>
> Hassan
> Saint Louis, MO

I bought my 97 M3 on 11/26/96.  On 12/01/96 there was a $1000 rebate offer
started for BMWCCA members on M3s.  I didn't know about the rebate at the time I
bought the car or obviously I would have waited a few days.  I found out about
the rebate about 3 weeks after I bought my car and was upset that I had missed it
by a couple of days.  I didn't really think that I could still get the $1000 but
I called the BMW Corporate Office and thought I would ask anyway.  The first
person I talked to said no.  I then very politely asked if I could at least talk
to the person in charge of the rebates.  A very nice lady came to the phone and
after I explained why I was calling, she said no problem, you'll have a $1000
check in the mail in a few weeks.  And sure enough, a couple weeks later, I had
my rebate. I didn't even have to argue or anything.  I couldn't believe it had
been so easy.  Now it might make a difference as to exactly when in November you
bought your car. In my case, I had only missed the start of the rebate by a few
days.  It might be worth it to call them and be very polite and ask. It certainly
was worth it for me.  I know it's hard to believe that the folks at BMW can
actually be nice sometimes, but this is a true story.

Suzy
97 M3