<ALL> Spoilers and other "aerodynamic upgrades" (Erebuni ?)

Fred writes:
====================
I had the unfortunate experience of ordering a spoiler from
Erebueni.  It
arrived with a corner missing, which I epoxied.  When I took it
to a paint
shop they showed me an edge that had delaminated and said it
wasn't
repairable.  Erebueni wouldn't take it back, saying it was
damaged in shipping
( the shipping carton was in good shape and the wing was well
wrapped).  I had
to cancel the Visa charge and UPS had to pick it up ,at their
expense and
return it.  I won't buy from a mail order company that won't
stand behind its
products 100%!
===========================

I want to second his opinion and some more....
Sometimes we learn on our mistakes and I sure did with Erebuni.
I did not have $1,300 to spend on the rear wing 3 years ago when
the "cool LTW wings" were the hot item and I had my 325. I saw
the add from Erebuni who were selling the replicas for only $340.
(Never mind that they raised the price to $430 immediately after
their add with that spoiler went to the Roundel for the first
time).
They looked the same as LTW except the extension posts were
"permanent" , hence the wing was not adjustable.
My friend who does all of my "aero upgrades" was not impressed at
all with the quality of the wing when he saw it out of the box.
Some small corners were chipped as well and had to be epoxied
(just as Fred described).
After more that usual prep work the wing was painted and
installed. I was satisfied with the look and *very* satisfied
with its function on the track. This was a wing *anybody* would
feel on the car. A huge improvement (especially coming of a turn
into any straight - one could hammer it a lot earlier). You can
see several good pictures of it here:

http://members.tripod.com/carbon_fiber/actnbmw.html

Although great on the track, this wing was a PAIN for rear view
during everyday use.
After only several track events the true quality (or the lack of
it) started to show. The wing started to crack "from within".
That means I could see cracks under the paint "before" the paint
would actually crack up. In other words, this "wing was for show
and not for go". It could NOT handle the downforce it was
generating.
You've guessed it....Erebuni did not want to admit anything and
did not want to even discuss any option of return, refund or
exchange. Plus the quido on the phone with a strong 'lonGisland
accent' (my apologies to you NY BMW fellas' ) was a big time
arrogant pr*ck.

After I got my M3, I swore to myself that I will put only first
class upgrades to this car.
I bought the original BMW ///M spoiler (without extension posts -
still decent on the track and no restriction for rear view on the
street). It was not cheap but I am very happy with it (quality
and looks) . You can see it here if you like:

http://members.tripod.com/carbon_fiber/3ofem.html

So the lesson is:
If you want do it right, pinch your pennies, buy proven parts
from proven sources with a good return policy. ( = stay away from
Erebuni)

Happy motoring.
Milos.

- --
95 ///M3       92 325i        85 325        BMWCCA# 122639
Phone & Fax: (727) 938 6355 (evenings & weekends EST)

___________ Check out *THE* web site for: ___________
Real Carbon Fiber trim at:  http://www.bigfoot.com/~Milos