Re: Y2K and ECUs - THE FIX

I.L. Eberhart wrote:

>This Y2K issue is much bigger than most people realize. The problem will
affect all BMWs manufactured after 3/1/91.My confidentiality agreement with
>several parties prevents me from explaining exactly what will happen, but
believe me, you don't want it to happen to you.  I have been working with an
>engineering firm, SVR, Inc. to come up with a fix for this problem. I am
now able to offer this fix to the digest at a cost of only $2K (two thousand
dollars) >per ECU. If you want a Jim C. chip installed at the same time, add
an additional $500.00. The complete process of making your ECU Y2K compliant
>takes approximately 5 business days. Again, as much as I'd like to discuss
what will be done, it's very confidential as well as very technical in
nature. If >anyone is interested in taking advantage of this service, just
send me an e-mail for mailing instructions. If you wait 'til the year 2000
you may end up >paying a lot more for a service that is not as comprehensive
as SVR, Inc.

>p.s. for those with BMWs manufactured before 3/1/91, the fix is only
$1K(one thousand dollars) per ECU.

People,

He's ripping you off.  I can do the exact  same service for only $1,000 or
$500 for BMW's manufactured before 3/1/91.  And if you're one of the first
50 people to respond I'll throw in a free ERAM kit certified to be Y2K
compliant.  Plus, my turnaround time is only 3 business days. You'll receive
your ECU with a Y2K compliant sticker via FedEx next day priority at no
extra charge.  Send checks and ECU's to:

P.O Box 2000
Suckerville, VA 22102

Rob Mudry
'96 328is