Y2K - ECU fix

I just read a post on the digest for a Y2K ECU fix.  Well, I realize that
this is NOT a free advertising medium, but I feel that, in all fairness, I
must offer my expertise to my fellow digesters.   I am a professional
computer programmer (this means that people pay me) and have been working
on this problem for years.  Heck, I caused this problem with programs that
I wrote in the eighties!   Now I'm getting paid to fix it.   Isn't this a
great country?

Now, through a special arrangement with someone who I cannot name for
proprietary reasons, I can offer you the following:

My ECU Y2K fix for your car (any model BMW, any year, any color) will only
cost you $725.   That's with a money-back guarantee!   Special pricing for
2002 and Isetta!    For a limited time only, I am offering a discount to
digest members, a price of only $700.   And BMW CCA members can take an
additional 10% off of that!   This is a limited-time only offer, call now!
Operators are standing by!

You will not need to pull the computer out of your car.   This new,
proprietary and incredibly top-secret Y2K fix can be programmed through the
OBC!   Yes, only we know the secret codes to do this!   For cars with no
OBC and pre-1980 cars with no ECU, the fix is even simpler!   But, you have
to send me your money first, and then I'll tell you how to fix it!

Not only does it fix the Y2K problem, but it will increase your horsepower,
reduce emissions and you will get better gas mileage!   Women (or men,
depending on your preference) will find you more attractive, and your boss
will give you a raise!    I guarantee it!

Remember, in one year, if your car fails to start or run, and you can prove
that the cause is because of the new millennium, then I promise to refund
all of your money.   Trust me!   You read it on the Internet!   It must be
true.