Y2K and ECUs - THE FIX

This Y2K issue is much bigger than most people realize.
The problem will affect all BMWs manufactured after 3/1/91.
My confidentiality agreement with several parties prevents me from
explaining exactly what will happen, but believe me, you don't want it to
happen to you.
I have been working with an engineering firm, SVR, Inc. to come up with a
fix for this problem. I am now able to offer this fix to the digest at a
cost of only $2K (two thousand dollars) per ECU. If you want a Jim C. chip
installed at the same time, add an additional $500.00.  The complete
process of making your ECU Y2K compliant takes approximately 5 business
days. Again, as much as I'd like to discuss what will be done, it's very
confidential as well as very technical in nature. If anyone is interested
in taking advantage of this service, just send me an e-mail for mailing
instructions. If you wait 'til the year 2000 you may end up paying a lot
more for a service that is not as comprehensive as SVR, Inc.

- - Chip

p.s. for those with BMWs manufactured before 3/1/91, the fix is only $1K
(one thousand dollars) per ECU.