Re: Mail order vs local dealer

At 02:23 PM 1/4/99 -0500, Roger wrote:
>You're damn lucky!!! None of the GREEDY local dealers here in the Bay
>area of Northern California will ever come close to the prices I get
>mail order. I even buy many of my parts from a BMW dealer in Florida, as
>their prices average 60% lower than what my local dealers price them at,
>45% lower if you figure my CCA discount. OUCH!!!

Roger and other in the Bay area,

FWIW if you don't mind a little travel you can go to MY BMW in Monterey
(Seaside actually) and get a 10-15% discount.  The parts manager's name is
Len and he is ALWAY'S very helpful.  I've bought lot's of stuff from them
and I always get a great price.  Lot's of time the price is better than
mail-order (and you don't pay shipping).

Some dealers want our business, some don't care.  I'm lucky to have one
that want's my business.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii