Re: <E28> Hesitation Problem

Check the distributor and rotor.  Mine was hesitating to the point of
lurching to a virtual halt before resuming acceleration.  When I pulled the
distributor and rotor, they were badly burned.  It appears that the rotor
was arcing where it wasn't supposed to (due to excessively high resistance
I imagined - so I sucked it up and replaced the ignition wires and sparks
also).  The car is accelerating MUCH better and more smoothly now.

>I own a '86 535i with 155,000 miles on it.  I recently started having some
>difficulty that occurs after the car has fully warmed up.  Everything's fine
>up until the point where the temperature gauge goes just past halfway.
>
>The car hesitates badly during acceleration.  Since this started, I've had
>an inspection II performed which didn't clear up the problem at all.  The
>oxygen sensor is OK and the spark plugs are all new.
>
>Any ideas??

George R. Ax, Jr.
BDM Federal, Inc.
Director, Sensors and Photonics
.    .       .    .    ... Design,Analysis,
.      .     .      .  .    Simulation,Testing
         . .