Re: amps for E30

> I'm looking for a (probably used) two (or four) channel, 100+RMS watt
> amp to power a pair of JLAudio 10s that I will be putting in my E30.  They are 8 ohm each, but will likely be bridged down to
> 4 ohm, and wired in series in a custom ported enclosure.

Neil,

I hope you realize that with an E30, you won't get much bass if you simply put these in the trunk..  Been there, done that.
Also, are you talking about 100w per channel?  If not, those subs will sound like crap.  I wouldn't go with 8 ohm subs either..
If it's sound quality you're after, you need plenty of power to those subs (as well as the mids and highs), and a sealed box.
Ported boxes make the subs louder with less power, but they aren't nearly as accurate..

> I am not interested in any of those Wally-world brands like Kraco,
> Pyramid, Jenson, or those ground-shakin, bowel-action-inducing,
> only-producing-one-tone types, like Rockford Fosgate, or Kicker either.  I'm looking for something like PPI, or Alpine, or the
> like

I wouldn't go with cheap stuff either, but Rockford and Kicker make some of the best quality amps out there.  Alpine and PPI
both make excellent amps also.

Later,

Jason McCowan
NCC