Re: ACRONYMS: What does BL/SS'd mean??? **Rob

>From: "Michael Stanley" <nut@domain.elided>
>Subject: ACRONYMS: What does BL/SS'd mean???
>
>keep seeing that in people's signature. What does it mean? Thanks

    "BL/SS" refers to the Ben Liaw Short Shifter... now manufactured, along
with other short shifter devices, by UUC Motorwerks.  You can read all about
it at the web site:

        www.shortshifter.com

    Basically, the BL/SS shifters are modified factory shifters from other
BMW cars.  The ones which we use depend on the exact application, some are
from Europe-only models, some are from various ///M cars or Z3 models.  All
the shifters are specifically modified for the final application by specific
bends and structural crimping.  As these parts are modified, they no longer
carry a BMW warranty... but the original BMW quality certainly doesn't
expire!

- - Rob Levinson
UUC Motorwerks