Re: bmw-digest V9 #750

In a message dated 12/28/98 11:41:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 23:20:52 -0500
 From: "John Ward" <jtward@domain.elided>
 Subject: WARNING: Questionable digester dealings

 Ok, enough time has lapsed that I feel justified in writing this note
 finally. I want to stress that I cannot PROVE that this digester took my
 money but am 90% certain due to the circumstances of the situation and notes
 I have received from other digesters regarding this individual. (Either
 complaining of exceptionally long wait times to receive merchandise or not
 receiving it at all) There is however, enough doubt in my mind I feel it is
 necessary to present my case. As for any potential flamers out there, unless
 you have lost money to someone on here I doubt you can relate. I sent Rob
 Leech $144 to buy a rear spoiler and cover shipping for my '92 325i 4dr.
 Over 3 months have passed now with no spoiler and my money is gone. I sent
 the money via money order as he specifically requested. I sent it first
 class mail. He insists it never made it. This was my biggest mistake. I
 should have sent it certified. However, I can honestly say I have NEVER had
 a piece of mail lost and the check was made out to the name of Taylor Sun -
 the person who supposedly owned the spoiler. I have always had good luck
 with commerce on the net but I have learned my lesson from this. I regret
 ever dealing with him in the first place. I am a college student and while
 the $144 loss is not the end of the world, I am not a BMW millionaire with
 money to waste. More importantly, I resent being (what seems like) taken in
 such a manner. Since he has now put the spoiler I PAID FOR back on the
 market I think it is only fair for people to know how he practices business.
 The sad reality of this is I will probably not deal with people on the net
 anymore when it comes to purchases. I will probably just pay more and buy
 new from a reputable business. In the event Rob wants to make things right,
 I hope he will. If he did take my money without the intention of delivering
 the goods then I just hope it was worth $144 to him. This is not about the
 money anymore but speaking up for what I believe is right. I must be fair
 not only to Rob but also to myself which is why I decided to come forward
 with this. I hope nobody else on here ever has to put up with this type of
 circumstance. Enough said.

 Thanks,

 John >>
If the money order never made it, take your receipt and get your money back.
If it was cashed see who cashed and then take the proper legal steps.