Re: bmw-digest V9 #743

In a message dated 12/24/1998 12:02:28 PM Central Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< Now, what about rotor centers? Is my car unique in having rusted rotor
 centers, as well? I can see them through my factory 20-spoke wheels, so I
 am SURE that I'll see them with the 3-piece wheels I'm considering.

A suggestion for painting calipers and rotor edges and centers is a product
available through the Eastwood company....(eastwoodco.com).  It's called
"Brake Caliper Coating."  Comes only in gray at $4.99 per can - a lot less
expensive some of the other products mentioned on the digest.  I used this
product on the center "hat" and the rotor edges on my Eclipse.  Absolutely no
problems with it for over a year now - even through several track events.  I
just used it on the 325i today while installng new front rotors and pads.

Can't stand the look of  those rusted rotors!

Scott Hemauer
'94 325i
'95 Mitsu Eclipse GSX