Two Q's and Cheers!

So the 6er's electronically controlled auto trans occasionally decides to
light the ! and give third gear only.  After stopping for a while it
decides that all gears are available.  Any suggestions?  Where in the
blazes are the electronics that control the bloody thing?

Oh yeah, the heat seems to go off concurrently!  What?  Why?  (I'm
replacing the thermostat next week because engine temp stays WAY too low.
It doesn't seem possible, but could all of this be related?)

E30 M3 needs a new left front wheel bearing.  Mail order parts guy says
mucho dinero for BMW original (~$200) and that aftermarket versions haven't
been available for some time.  Alternative solution is bearing, etc. from a
5 or 6 at about $80 ea.  Problem with that is that ABS ring gear is wrong.
Have to remove ring gear from worn out one and press onto new one.  Says
this isn't that big a deal.  I went for it.  Have I bought myself a big
headache?  TIA.

And so another year goes TU.  Cheers to all.  Have a safe and happy holiday
season.

Hope to see a few of you at Firebird in Phoenix Jan 30-31.
Bruce McReynolds
Santa Fe - the City Different - NM
'88 M3
'89 635CSi