89 325i head and 528i

the 528i in europe is the baby six. I am currently building a hot rod semi
race motor for a customer who has a 87 325is(future club racer) who does not
want to spend a bunch for race pistons. We are using the euro 528i pistons.

325e to "i" head. The "i" head is a direct bolt on. The ECU will work but you
will still have the "e" map. You can get a chip burned for the
application.However if you do get a new hot chip burned you might want to be
cautious with the high rpm, anything over 5500rpm, the reason.....Your 325e
crankshaft is not forged it is cast they have been know to errrr snap at high
rpm...If you want to be safe go find a used 524td crank these are forged and
will take anything you can dish out. You can also find this motor in of all
things a Lincoln turbo diesel..honest...You can buy these cranks fairly cheap,
if you can find a wrecked car.

GGray
Import Motorsports

End of bmw-digest V9 #742