Clutch Questions

First of all I apologize for asking a non-Bimmer question on our beloved
digest, but this is the only source I could think of where I could get a
straight answer!  Actually, it probably relates to Bimmers as well, but in
this case I happen to be replacing the clutch in a 91 Ford Explorer 4X4.  I
was just wondering who the better manufacturer's are (and is Borg Warner one
of them), and is there a significant difference between new and rebuilt?
Should I stay away from auto parts stores like Autozone, Pep Boys, and Hi-Lo?
Any other comments/knowledge are appreciated.  I've replaced a couple of
clutches before ('72 Bronco, 68 VW, and a couple of FWD models), but I was
winging it.  This time I'm actually reading the Haynes manual before I start!

Thanks a bunch!
Bill Klingbeil

PS I'm getting a torque wrench for Christmas!  How about some advice on the
brand, features, cost, etc.  (Money is NO object since my wife is paying for
it)