Re: E30 325i Coolant Hoses

My 325 just rolled over 90K Miles so as I figure it is getting near mid-life.
There are a few preventative maintenance items that I would like to take care
of during the slow (for me) season.

Specifically, I want to change out the coolant hoses. The big'uns in front
look simple enough, but there seems to be a whole mess of smaller hoses that
go to the heater, throttle body(?), shadows...etc etc

Should these smaller hoses be changed anytime one changes the radiator hoses?
How often have they been known to fail? Are they less (more?) susceptable to
wear?

As i recall on the back of the head there's a coolant connection that comes
out pointing right aft, to get a hose off then back on seems like to would
have to materialize it in place...

Steve H
89 325iS