E36 M3-How to get BIG HP?

    Well guys it's the winter and my mind is starting to wander off to
different project possibilities.    Here is my question of the day:
How much power can you get out of the 3.0L E36 M3 engine without
- -Forced induction,NOS or crazy $10K+ internal work ?

 I'm thinking of the following:  Jim C chip,Big K&N cone w/sheild,Euro
headers, no cat-converter, and Supersprint or Stromung cat-back exhaust.
My goal is an *honest* 270HP or 230HP at the wheels.   Is this even close?
How about the Schrick intake manifold?

What is the best proven combo??

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks