Re: E30 15" BS wheels

At 09:57 PM 12/21/98 -0500, Steve wrote:
>Question BBS wheels:
>Does (did?) BBS make a larger (>14") wheel with a 4-bolt pattern which looks
>identical to the first generation M cars' (and 3 series iS's) big removable
>center cap-uni-bolt basket weaves? I would like to go to a 15"  diameter
wheel
>on my E30 325iS but maintain a stock appearance. The only other way to do
this
>is to buy a whole gaggle of pricey M3 five bolt bits before even getting to
>the wheels...

Hey Steve,

Yes they did (I had them on a 320i once.  The offset probably wouldn't fit
your car but I have seen them on E30's).  I'm not sure of the designation.
I think they were the RZ's.  Anyway, I don't think they make them anymore.
A  good fit (on an '02 anyway and the '02's and E30's seem to be
interchangeable) are the same type wheels off of a late '80's to early
'90's VW GTI or Jetta.  Lots of VW wheels fit and they had a sport package
of sorts that had the 15" BBS wheels in a 4x100 that fits.  They even have
a 5x120 15" wheel that would fit on the E23, 24, 28 cars to replace the TRX's.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii