Getting Wet

I have a '88 325iC convertible. This is my first convertible. The top is the
original top and appears in good shape. All the weatherseals are present and
in good shape. When it rains the interior of the car stays dry, until I open
the driver's door or window. Through the opened window or door a stream of
water comes off the top into the car. Closing the window or door does not stop
the water. The stream continues until the rain stops. It is not as bad as when
the door or window is opened, but I do get quite wet. Is this normal for any
convertible, a BMW convertible, or do I have a problem that can be fixed?
Help, I won't take the car out in the rain.

Sid
88 325iC
BMWCCA 162176