Re: Traction Control

I'm not expert on this stuff but my father has a weekend in the Ortega Canyon.
If you live in southern california and have driven on rt 74 before you'll know
that if there is a house down there, it's really DOWN THERE.
You have to take a nice dirt road with lots of bumps, holes, and rocks.  The
way down is easy in neutral, but on the way up (which may I add is pretyt darn
steep) I found the easiest thing to do was to just go in first and give it NO
gas.. just let the clutch off a little until I found a good spot where it'd
pull me up on it's own.  It worked great and it even started to pull me up TOO
fast.  It's amazing how fast that little 325 can go without any gas, up a damn
steep dirt road.

Jeff
http://jamspot.simplenet.com/bmw  <=== E30 Site
<<
 	I was wondering how in the world traction control works, and how I get it
 to work at its best.  My main question is that when I am slipping a little
 bit should I keep the speed constant or let go of the accelerator.  I have
 found out to my misfortune that even with this traction control you can
 still spin out.  So if anyone knows anything about this stuff let me know.

 Thanx Rizvan M

 1992 325is >>