2002 Tii Racer For Sale

Do you feel the need........ for speed??  I've got just the thing to fill your
need.  Get ready for the 1999 racing season NOW...........

1972 2002 Tii Racer (BMWCCA OP class/SCCA ITA class), fully developed, very
fast, affordable and race ready -- needs nothing but a good driver.  Built in
the summer of 1996 by the Power Plant (Greensboro, NC), 18 races since then.
Car took 3rd in the SCCA CenDiv Championship in 1996 (missed 2nd by 1 point;
finished 2nd in the season-ending championship race at Grattan); 4th in CenDiv
in 1997; didn't compete in 1998 (I could only do 4 races this year).  Car
consistently finishes in the top 5 in large (30-car) SCCA fields, and has won
its class in every BMWCCA race entered except one (blistered a tire at Putnam
Park, finished 2nd).  Turns times equal to or better than many stock E30/E36
M3s.  Car was built to be competitive, legal, safe and (most importantly)
reliable.  It is all of these and more.

Strong, reliable, SCCA-legal Power Plant motor (dynos at 146 hp; 136 ft-lbs
torque @ 4500 rpm -- Crane optical trigger ignition with MSD spark box
[includes rev limiter], Mahle pistons & rods, 121 head [surfaced, with back-
cut valves & 3-angle valve seats], oil cooler, 3-core radiator with electric
fan, Stahl competition race header, and much more -- all specs available on
request); fully adjustable front and rear suspension with custom-built struts
and coil-over springs, 25mm front sway bar, 19mm rear sway bar; 3.90 limited
slip differential; excellent brakes (Porterfield R-4 pads/shoes, Ate super
blue fluid); 4 sets of wheels (2 sets 13"x7" Revolutions with brand-new BFG
T/A R1s; 1 set 13"x5 1/2" BMW basketweave wheels with Yokohama AVS; 1 set
13"x6" steel wheels with Hoosier Dirt Stockers -- great for really wet
tracks); adjustable Cobra race seat; Momo steering wheel; Wink mirror; VDO
gauges; Halon fire system; Fuel-Safe fuel cell; 5-point quick-release Simpson
drivers harness (new) with spare harness for passenger for drivers schools;
NASCAR-style 8-point welded-in roll cage (significantly stiffens chassis);
weighs in at just over minimum legal weight (2155 lbs).

I'll throw in a huge pile of spare parts, including 1 complete and 2 nearly
complete spare motors; 1 transmission; 1 complete rear subframe assembly with
diff, half-shafts, stub axles, brakes; tons of sheet metal -- 4 fenders, 5
doors, 1 hood, 1 deck lid, 1 quarter panel, 1 front nose piece, 4 sets of
grilles -- many parts new; 1 set race-valved Bilstein rear shocks, 2 sets
stock Bilstein rear shocks, 2 sets complete front strut assemblies, several
sets front and rear race springs; 2 complete sets of glass (less windshield);
3 radiators, 2 gas tanks; complete stock interior; 2 Behr A/C units; bumpers,
trim, and many many other parts, all in good to excellent working condition
(also have 12 good used race tires of various types -- Goodyear GS-CS, BFG
R1s, Toyos -- good for practice or drivers schools).  If anyone is interested
in any of the spares separately, I'm open to offers.

I just don't have time to race anymore, and I'd like to reclaim some garage
space.  I've invested over $25K in developing this car, but I'll sacrifice it
for $9500 (firm).  I also have an 18' trailer (2 axles, electric brakes, tire
rack, tool box, brand-new deck) that I'll sell for $1000.  Car is garaged in
the Columbus, Ohio area.  If interested, contact me (serious inquiries only
please):

Dave Nielsen (BMW02Racer@domain.elided)
phone: (740) 965-5026 (9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern)
fax: (740) 965-5027 (anytime)