k-jet Idling Problems

I really appreciate if someone can give me some information that will
enable me solve a problem I have with the engine idling of
my E28, 520I, K-Jetronic.

The overall situation is as follows:

On cold start the engine does not idle at 1500 rpm but stays at below
900 and occasionally stalls if not assisted by  pressing the
accellerator.
When the engine is warm, idling will rise automatically to 1500, instead

of 950 RPM.

Although I will be able at times to reduce it to 950 RPM by engaging on
high gear and disengaging, it will after a few seconds rise again to
1500.

When driving behind traffic, and hence  the temperature rises above
normal, the engine idles erratically and eventually stalls.

Starting a warm engine that has been shut down for about half an hour is
difficult as idling will be erratic
and engine will stall.

Thanks Tony

End of bmw-digest V9 #731