BMW Sound Systems ( One man's opinion<g>)

I'm not an expert , in fact my musical experience consists of being a tone deaf sound man for a
rock band, many, many years ago, but the DSP (Digital Sound Processing ) system in my 97 528i
sounds simply wonderful - in fact, it even impressed my friend, the professional classical
musician. I like it 'cause of the cool TV screen in the dash, too. Now, perhaps you could do a
better job with an aftermarket system - in fact, I guarantee you could, but for $1500? 14
speakers? All the other stuff they put in there? And a factory warranty, with no fears of people
butchering your new toy? I don't think so.

By the way, I've listened to the base sound system in a 5 series loaner, and you guys are right -
it does perform poorly.

Cheers,

Mike Capaldo

'97 528i 5 speed with every option except Park Distance Control ( and I'm thinking about it, just
to fill in that blank switch plate on the dash )

P.S. I know the TV screen wasn't included in the $1500<g>