Re: UUC

Rob Levinson wrote:

>Bernard,

[snipped since I wasn't sure if Rob's e-mail was private or public]

>As always,
>- Rob
>
>From: Bernard M. Walters <bmwhunt@domain.elided>
>>Yo Rob,
>>
>>Yes, I missed that post from Richard. I apologize. But it seems that
>>when HOTT RODD was doing his thing, Richard was right on top of it. He
>>wasn't too busy to invoice RODD, or at least come out on the net
against
>>him, then ask him to leave. Since I wasn't privvy to any private
>>correspondences between Richard and RODD, I can only go on what was in
>>the digest from Richard concerning the issue. Going on public
>>information, it _seems_ that the digest rules aren't enforced equally
as
>>far as commercial posts.
>>
>>Since the digest is free to non-commercial subscriber/poster types, I
>>have absolutely no right to insist that Richard enforce the rules
>>equally, but I do infer from the digest web page that they should be.
>>I'm not complaining, just making some observations.
>>
>>BW
>>Not a RODD fan, not a bubba fan, just a digest (and Richard) fan

Rob, et al,

If I was was harsh, I apologize. If I hurt someone's feelings, I
apologize. Public enough, Rob? I also applaud Rob for having the
sensibility and decency to discuss this intelligently and without crude
insults.

My opinions stand. IMHO there's a double standard. The digest rules
state one thing, but the rules don't seem to be enforced equally: If the
bubbas are behind something, it gets pretty much accepted by the rest of
the digest, whether or not the published rules are followed. OTOH if the
bubbas don't like something, they are among the first to cry that the
rules were broken. Convince me this isn't the case and I'll go away.

To Richard: It's your digest, change the rules to whatever you want. But
if there _are_ rules, shouldn't they be followed by all and enforced
equally? Can you say anarchy?

BW