Re:<E36>HVAC Query

Ron,
  This may help answer your question.  I ran across it during a dejanews
search earlier in the week:

>            Dane Bedel
>Email:
>            dbedel@domain.elided
>Date:
>            1998/11/09
>Forums:
>            alt.autos.bmw
>

>I've had i similar noise out of my 93 325i.   Curios, one day, i opened up
>the hood in an attempt to locate the noise.  when i narrowed it down it
>releazed it was part of a soliniod or relay near the rear of the engine
>which really made more of an electronic clicking sound that almoust sound
>like a short.  Inside the cabin it sounds more like a thump.  If this is the
>same sound that your familiar with, then i can tell you that it is related
>to the cooling system which some times kicks in durring idle.  At least that
>is what one of the BMW mechanics told me last time the car was in the shop.
>He seemed quite confident with this explanation and once he heard it gave me
>an immediate answer.  I guess he either knows what he's talking about or is
>a real good bullshitter.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Mail Delivery Subsystem wrote in message ...
>>I bought a 98 323is last July.  About a month ago, I noticed a clunking or
>>knocking noise coming from the engine compartment.  I don't think the car
>>made the noise prior to that.  The clunk happens steadily about every three
>>or four seconds.  The dealer says the noise is caused by the %252522running
>>loss solenoid,%252522 that it's common on 3 series, and there's nothing
>that
>>can be done.  Does this make sense?  Has anyone else had this problem?

- --
Conway Chen
Bellaire HS c/o '95 BABY! / Northwestern University CAS c/o '99
e-mail: chiapet@domain.elided / World Wide Diho: http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~ctc213/
(Updated: 09/26/98)
- --
Diane Court: Nobody thinks it will work, do they?
Lloyd Dobler: No. You just described every great success story