That Darn Armrest <E36>

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pass along a tidbit.

My '98 E36 came standard with the front armrest. Like many, I hate the
thing, mostly because it likes to flop down if you stop hard. Very bad! I
had my car at the dealer last week and, among other things, had them try
to fix the interference between the armrest and the passenger seatback
release lever. They moved the armrest as far toward the driver's seat as
they could - fixed the interference just fine. I was surprised to find,
however, that the armrest is now much harder to move up and down. I don't
think it will ever fall down again of its own accord. I'm not sure what
fixed it, but you might try your dealer if you have the same complaint.

Happy motoring,

Ken Dobyns
Portland, OR
98 M3 (my ride)