NHTSA Data (why Sumo wrestlers shouldn't buy Z3s)

All this talk of the NHTSA Complaints Database prompted me to go over
and take a look. Entering "318ti" (my humble ride) didn't yield
anything, so I tried 318 and Z3 figuring they have a lot of common
components. Here's some great wisdom from the motoring public out
there...

By entering "BMW, 318, 1997," I got the following...

THE VEHICLE'S GAS AND BRAKE PEDALS ARE TOO CLOSE TOGETHER, WHEN THINKING
OF STEPPING ON THE BRAKES DRIVER IS ACTUALLY STEPPING ON THE GAS PEDAL.
*AK

Can you say "Unintended Acceleration?" Man, think about how moron (or
should I say "maroon") proof you have to build a car these days! Thank
God BMW hasn't given in on proper pedal placement.

But there was a better one! This was returned by searching by year,
make, and model from the drop down selection boxes. Use 1997, BMW, Z3.

PASSENGER'S SID ESEAT BELT LOCKS UP WHEN EXTENDED OUT ABOUT 8-9 FEET FOR
A LARGE PERSON. ONCE LOCKED, IT WILL NOT UNLOCK EVEN WHEN VEHICLE IS AT
COMPLETE STOP.

Uh, a Z3 mind you... hope it's not a 1.9.
- --
Ron Katona