Re: <FS> 3.0CS

Sasha, I know this isn't your car, but I just felt compelled to clear up a
little error in the ad you found.  1976 was the first year of the 630CS/CSi
in Europe, not the 3.0CS.  The 630CSi, replacing the 3.0CS in the BMW
line-up, then came to the U.S. in 1977.   As far as I know, the last 3.0CSs
were built in 1975.  At the very least, 1976 might have been the LAST
year they built a 3.0CS, but it was definitely NOT the first year!  Actually,
the first year would have been about 1972, when the 3.0 engine
replaced the 2.8 in the 2800CS.  So, this body style was around for quite
a few years before 1976.

Still, at $1,500 it would make a great little project for someone or, if it
lacks DOT and EPA papers, it would make a great little parts car.

>Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 07:50:40 -0800
>From: Sasha Mestetsky <AMestetsky@domain.elided>
>Subject: <FS> 3.0CS
>
>I saw this add in Trader On Line (traderonline.com):
>
>1976 BMW 3.0CS, Euro car brought from Germany.  Rare carburated
>six cylinder, first year that they started making this model.  Has some
>rust needs new carburator and wheels. Interior is o.k..  Exterior is
>sky blue, interior is dark blue. color: sky blue mileage: 150000,
>$1,500.00, (510) 782-0247
>
>It is not my car, so contact owner directly.
>
>Sasha.
>533i, 221k, BMW CCA # 143384

Oh, and I see by the phone number that it is a local S.F. Bay Area car!
Well then, it would need CARB papers as well!  Wait a minute?  What
year did CA and the Feds start requiring certification of gray market
cars?   Aaarrrgggh, too many dead brain cells.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977
Former Car:  630CSi #5500345 (or was it 5577345?  Too long ago...)