Unintended Accel <E28>

The old 535i has been mostly sitting in the garage since it needs
maintainence. Other car got a bad tire and have been driving the 535i to
work lately. After about two days (esp when cold [freezing] and for the
first 5 min) any aaplication of the throttle over 3/4 would cause a SLOW
return. Lift off the gas and car still surges forward. Shift and the
engine revs up between gear changes.

I can safely say that the brakes on this car clearly overpower the engine
in any gear. (This car has hydraulic boost so no loosing the brake assist
here). Also the rev limiter works great. A little scarry the first time,
no problem later.

Chris Guy - BMW535i86@domain.elided
86 535i 5sp (sharked)
Denver, CO

E28 Home Page - http://members.aol.com/BMW535i86

PS The brakes on any car are mechanical, so the I hit the brakes and they
didn't work seems weak to me. I guess since the car companies are now
including brake assist (to apply extra brake pressure during sudden
braking) since people don't hit the brakes hard enough, I guess I can see
the vaccuum assist not working seem like no brakes.