OBC and headlights

I recently installed HID's on my E36 M3.  Now i have a problem.  The OBC
tells me "Low Beam Failure."  I know the lights are working, but my guess
is that the OBC is set to sense a particluar resistance.  The stock bulbs
in the Euro headlights are 55W.  I know that the HID's are something like
35W (approx).  I would like to add a pass circuit to the lights and the
obc.  Can anyone confirm my theory about the resistance specs.  Any
assistance is greatly appreciated.  Hmmm... Im wondering if the OBC can be
reprogrammed or is it too much hassle?

Daniel Wang