High Performance Muffler

No responses yet, so here it is again in case ya'll missed it... 'cause I
gotta know! Whats the pros/cons of having a "Y" inlet to a high flow SS
muffler over a dual inlet like the stock ones? ('98 329is but would apply
similarly to 325's, M3's)  I am having a Brullen SS muffler made and that's
how they do all the mufflers they tell me.
Here's another, how would I test the flow of the new muffler over the stock
one without putting it on a flow bench or something? Could I make something
out of simple materials that would tell me relative to the stock muffler it
flows more?

Glen Chow
BMWCCC, BMWCA