95 M3 brake light indicator/OBC

Occassionally (misspelled that one), my OBC tells me I have a brake
light circut problem...I have a wing on the bake with the LED in it
(aftermarket--dunno what brand as previous installed it).  All lights
seem to work and illuminate... Being as the LED in the wing/tail are
tied into the brake light circut (obviously), could the OBC read the
extra drain on the circut as an error?  I am stumped.  Everything works
fine...OBC chimes at me about once a week.
Tim (95 M3)