100 Octane Gas

James,

Down here in Charlotte, most of the Citgo stations sell 76 racing gas (I am
assuming this is due to the large number of NASCAR fans in the area that
will recognize the brand and make the association).  I can't remember the
exact octane but I'm almost certain it was 100.  Being a VT alumni I'm
quite familiar with the drive from Blacksburg, and It should only take you
2 - 2 1/2 hours if you take 81 to 77.  I remember seeing a redneck looking
fellow pumping it into his Grand Am and asked him (in a slightly cynical
manner, of course) if he got a lot of performance benefit from running that
particular fuel in his car and he replied that he most certainly did.  I
think we all know that he was merely spending $1.50 a gallon more than he
needed to.  I understand you need it for a reason( a high compression
engine), which is  why I am pointing out a source.  Last time I checked the
pump it was running around $2.50 per gallon.

Shane Kleinpeter
'88 535is
Tarheel Chapter BMW CCA

                                  n n n n