Racers Tape

At our last drivers school I taped up my headlights and parking lights as
always and offered to do it for a friend in her new (gorgeous) M3.  She was
hesitant to put anything on the front of her car for fear it would leave a
residue.  I then told her that this was gaffers tape from Shur Tape and
assured her it would come right off without a trace.  It's what the video
and movie industry has been using for years and it's strong, sticks well
and still comes off without leaving any adhesive.

She called me last week to tell me about her latest brain fade.  When we
were leaving the track, we removed the tape from the head lights and she
was impressed that it did indeed come off clean.  However she forgot to
remove the tape from the fog lights and has been driving around for a
month.  (Obviously she isn't one of the many who think it's mandatory to
leave the fog lights on all the time).  When she did get around to taking
it off it still came off clean as a whistle.  It comes in several colors
and would make a great Christmas gift for the track junkie in your life.
The only downsides are the cost (about $12.00 per roll, but it should last
for years) and the availability.  We went on the net and found the web site
for the manufacturer (www.shurtape.com).  They have a listing of their
distributors and dealers so you should be able to find one near you.

BTW Shur Tape also manufacturers almost the same tape and calls it NASCAR
200MPH tape.  It's virtually the same thing but has a vinyl outer coating.