New Game in Town

Many of ya'll will remember that a few months back I was suggesting that a
track training simulator was something we could all use....in particular,
one that shows  you what happens when you drive OFF the track and then try
to recover.

Well, I found a Driving Sim game that is SO good, it covers much of what I
was looking for.  The new Sierra " GRAND PRIX - LEGENDS " Driving Sim is -
by far - the best driving simulation I've ever seen. It does the off road
excursions very well.  Drop two wheels off into the dirt and you can bring
it back on the track if you are careful (just like at the real track).
Spin the car and you have a couple of options to recover depending on the
severity and complexity of the spin.  Go argicultural and try to get back
on the track and when you hook up to the pavement again - it shoots you off
on the other side of the track into the armco. JUST like on the real tracks!

Papayrus is using some new sim engine in this thing, and its so good that
it really does require a lot of throttle and brake modulation to control
the cars...especially the V-12 Ferrari.  Get into the gas too much (or the
brakes for that matter) and you can't drive it.  Do 20 minutes on this sim
(turned on Pro mode, Full Realism) and you'll be as tired as doing 20
minutes at a real track in an M3.

Horsepower eater.  Suggest you have a relatively state-of-the-art computer
with a dedicated 3D Video card to run it.

Duane Collie