M coupe Rear View Mirror Replacement

Looking for the BMW part number of the Z3 Rear View Mirror that is being
used to replaced the 'Big M Mirror' with the Z3 mirror.  Does the Z3
mirror fix the big blind spot and does it raise the position of the
mirror closer to the top of the car?  Any other suggestions would be
appreciated.  The rear view mirror in the M coupe just about cost me the
car with less than 400 miles on it.  Big blind spot looking out the
front window when looking for oncoming traffic when the intersection is
shaped like a "Y" or "X" (intersection on angles to each other and also
with grade to the road surface).  Does anyone know if BMW NA or the
NHTSA know about this problem and do they have plans?  I know I'm not
the only one who has had this problem.  Thanks

Scott Galaba
M coupe (still in one piece)